Syndication has quickly become the most popular way of owning a racehorse. We are fortunate to have some brilliant syndicates involved in the yard, these can be found below.
Why should I join a Syndicate?
Syndication is a great way to get involved in ownership, of course you’ll own a smaller percentage of the horse but you’ll also share the finances with others making it more cost effective. Many syndicate members also enjoy sharing the experience of race days with others and have made many like minded friends through racing syndicates.
You can find out more about different types of ownership below…
Syndicates at Mcpherson Racing
Offering affordable transparent & friendly ownership BDR syndicates are an ambitious company with a desire to grow in the coming years.
Enjoy the thrill of ownership with like minded people. Make new friendships and share the excitement of being a winning owner. BDRsyndicates will make you feel special with first class communication, stable tours, hospitality opportunities together with Racing Manager attendance on race days.
“It is always a pleasure to train nice horses for well-run syndicates filled with people who love their horses and love their racing. BDR Syndicates and their members fit that description perfectly.”
They currently have five horses in training with us, Calum Gilhooley. Ajay’s Way’s,’Baby Ben’, ‘Doc El’ and a 3yo by Blue Bresil.
Enjoyable – Exciting – Affordable
Shaw Racing are a great asset to the yard, they currently have two lovely horses at McPherson Racing. Exploiteur and Getthepot (shares available). The syndicate is personal and friendly, it has seen some great success in recent years.
“Have you ever dreamt of owning your own Racehorse, Experiencing the thrill & excitement of watching your horse past the winning post. then turn to SHAW Racing. We can give you that opportunity at an affordable price, as ownership of all our horses are divided up into shares, making the experience and dreams a reality”.
The blue colours of Foxtrot Racing have become a familiar sight in winners enclosures of racecourses all over the country. They currently have one horse with us, Cast in Grey.
Foxtrot Racing is run by Dan Abraham, a sports enthusiast and UEFA qualified Football Coach who has an excellent knowledge of horseracing.
Dan brings a refreshingly professional attitude to running syndicates making everyone feels comfortable and part of the team. His enthusiasm and attention to detail ensures Foxtrot Racing offers a fantastic ownership experience.
“We specialise in national hunt racing, buying horses which have been undervalued by the market to provide an affordable racing experience. Financial transparency and a fun and friendly experience whilst putting the horse first are at the centre of our ethos”.
Dan has recently been voted Chairman of the Racehorse Syndicates Association by other syndicate managers within the industry.
Dan takes responsibility for each Partnership and organises stable visits, owners badges and keeps Members up to date with the latest news on their horse.
CURRENT SHARES AVAIlable
Shaw racing are delighted to offer shares in GETTHEPOT, a 4-year-old gelding by Getaway out of an unraced Oscar mare called Raheen Lady.
The dam is a sister to…
– LORD STRICKLAND (10 wins – 5 over hurdles, 5 over fences)
– MILL OF THE RAGS (7 wins – 3 over hurdles, 4 over fences)
– RAG WEEK (winner over hurdles)
– MONA CURRA GALE – prolific brood mare (dam of WISE OSCAR and BUAILTEOR)
– RAG’S LADY – prolific brood mare (dam of AVONDHU LADY and ANYTIME NOW)
The dam is a daughter of
– LADY RAG, who is a sister to
– HANSEL RAG (6 wins – bumper winner, listed hurdle winner, listed chase placed)
– NO SIR ROM (5 wins – flat winner, bumper winner, hurdle winner, chase winner, listed chase placed).
The dam has bred 4 runners, of which 3 have won to date, meaning that GETTHEPOT has 3 winning brothers. GETTHEPOT has been in training in Ireland with Shark Hanlon. He had 1 run in a point to point in the spring for experience, but then ran last week at Ballindenisk in a 4 year old
maiden. He finished 5th, beaten 10 lengths. It looks as though it was a good 4 year old point to point. The time was good – only 1 second slower than the 5yo maiden on the same card, won by FILL THE TANK The 4 horses in front of him were all decent and trained by good Irish point to point trainers.
– Winner was MINELLA MAJESTIC, trained by John Nallen. He cost £32k as a foal. He is a Shantou half brother 2 highly-rated horses (Corball Ghost & Goal)
– Second was NOBLE YEATS, trained by Donal Hassett. He is a half-brother to Nicky Henderson’s decent She Mite Bite.
– Third was EASTER IN MILAN, trained by Donnchadh Doyle. That had looked the likely winner of a point when falling 2 out 2 weeks previously. He was a £35k 3 year old.
– Fourth was BOURBON STREET, trained by Colin Bowe. He was a £24k 3yo and is a brother to Jonjo O’Neill’s Orrisdale (2 wins from 3 starts – bumper & maiden hurdle).
For more information or to arrange to see GETTHEPOT, email Shaw Racing firstname.lastname@example.org.